De: linux5250-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:linux5250-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
En nombre de Richard Nolde
Enviado el: Viernes, 16 de Julio de 2010 02:44 p.m.
Para: linux5250@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Asunto: [LINUX5250] Driving TN5250 non-interactively

Original message:
TN5250 list members:

I've been tasked with writing an interface between an application that
runs on a remote iSeries host, accessible with TN5250 over a private
network, and our application that would query the iSeries in real time
without human interaction. My application will run on a Linux or AIX
box, and act like a broker between the local application and the remote
iSeries host application that contains the database we are querying.

Thanks,
Richard Nolde

------------------------------

message: 2
date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 18:10:08 -0600
from: Xavier S?nchez<antoniobarquero@xxxxxxxxx>

It seems like what you want to know are details about the 5250 data
stream.

5250 is a data stream that contains not only plain text data, but
attributes
for the data displayed on the screen (like foreground color, background
color, underlining and bold), along with keyboard command attention (CA)
and
command function (CF) keys.

Yes, I've studied enough of the source code to the tn5250 application to
see that it is a highly complex protocol with a multitude of control
sequences and status bits and very demanding sequencing requirements.
I think the best source of that complete information is specified in a set
of books by IBM, like "SNA Formats", and others related to the SNA data
streams used in 5250-like terminals.

There is an on-line source of information where you will probably find it.

I'd suggest you search the IBM search engine at this URL. You will have
look for further to find what you need. Try to find out one version that
deals with iSeries under the same bookmanager library reader.

http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/z/os/zos/library/softcopy/softfeat.html

Good luck!

Thanks for the link. As with most things IBM, it is harder to find with
there own search engine that with Google, but your link saved me a lot
of time.
X Sanchez