Sorry i could not reply to post for long as was busy in other projects.

But seems things have worked for me a bit . I dont know how . i remember
last time when i was giving commands
tn5250 ssl:<ip address> it only gave me response once after several
attempts. Today i tried it after a long time and guess what, it connected
within seconds and i got a sign on for my server.

Only problems that i face now is that
1. Backspace and F10 ( on DSPJOBLOG) is not performing the desired function
on emulator screen . ( SHIFT + F1 give me F13 hence F13-24 are easy to use
instead of M-! to M-+). Now looking into the KBD mapping for terminal. ( I
think its the xterm which sends the keyboard instructions and hence need to
modify or add somthing to it.)

2. I am not able to use the Name AS4 given in .tn5250rc file . Instead i am
surprised how giving command tn5250 ssl:XX.XX.XX.XX is working . Is it
automatically referring to .tn5250rc file for certificates?

However i must admit i am enjoying working on tn5250 in shell , it being a
new experience :)

Rhishabh Srivastava