From: linux5250-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:linux5250-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Holger Schurig
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2010 2:21 AM
To: linux5250@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [LINUX5250] tn5250 time out error.

rhishabh@rhishabh1:~$ sudo tn5250 AS4

Normally, there's no need to use "sudo" when using telnet.

AS4 { host = ssl:XXX.XX.XXX.XX
trace = log.txt
+ssl_verify_server
ssl_ca_file = /home/rhishabh/Certificate/AS4.cer }

Are you certain that tn5250 uses this config file? Because of sudo, it
might
want to try .tn5250rc from /root.

What's inside the log.txt ?

You could also use wireshark, tshark or tcpdump to catch what's going on "on

the wire" and look into it to get additional clues.