This sounds oddly familiar, though I haven't used any Ubuntu on a desktop. Are you on the latest tn5250? Are you running tn5250 on a console, xt5250, x5250?
--
Sean Porterfield

-----Original Message-----
From: linux5250-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:linux5250-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of dualwolf@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 23:13
To: linux5250@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [LINUX5250] Ubuntu 8.10 Pop Up error

Hi James,

I posted an issue with Pop ups a while back and I apologize for not getting back sooner. But, I thought that the issue had something to do with using the latest version of Ubuntu 8.10, so I wanted to install 8.04 and try again to see if that was it and I finally did. I am still having the issue. There is no DDS to provide for the pop up window. What I did was get my session to freeze up by pressing Shift+F9 in debug to get a command line, then I went to another session and displayed the call stack on the session that was hung up.

To simplify the issue, I can recreate the problem on my Ubuntu 8.04 and 8.10 sessions, by typing strqsh on the command line and it hangs up. It seems whenever it tries to overlay something on the screen, it gets hung up. The other night before the backups, the operator sent out a break message to all users and all of my sessions got hung up.

Is there some kind of configuration setting that I need to change in either the emulator or in Linux to get this to work? I also have the same issue with ibm5250, so it is probably something simple that I'm doing wrong. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!
Tom

message: 1
date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 00:08:41 +0000
from: dualwolf@xxxxxxxxxxx
subject: [LINUX5250] Ubuntu 8.10 Pop Up error

Hi Martin,

I do not have Compiz enabled on my computer either. Did you say that you were able to get the command line to display when in debug: STRDBG, then Shift+F9 to display command line?

I tried changing video drivers to see if this was causing it, but no change.

I viewed the call stack on my job and it looks like it's hung up when trying to display a popup.

Here is my call stack:
Type Program Statement Procedure
QCMD QSYS /0512
QUICMENU QSYS /00C1
1 QUIMNDRV QSYS /060C
2 QUIMGFLW QSYS /04C8
3 QUICMD QSYS /048D
QTECNTDB QSYS /030E
QTESGRPHSH QSYS _CXX_PEP__Fv
QTESGRPHSH QSYS 17 main
QTESGRPHSH QSYS 64 callGreenScreenSessionHandl >
QTESESSH QSYS _C_pep
QTESESSH QSYS 25 main
QTESESSH QSYS 22 Display_Debugger
QTENPTS QSYS 20 qtescren
QTENPTS QSYS 40 ProgramSource
QTENPTS QSYS 2 ProgramSourceWork
QTENPTS QSYS 38 ProcessFunctionKey
QTENPTS QSYS 1 CL_Pop_Up
QUSCMDLN QSYS /0018
QWSSPEND QSYS /01CA
QT3REQIO QSYS /01CF

Then my session is disconnected after a few minutes with a CPF5140 error.

I also hung up the application when using Java from RPG that displays a status screen, so it has to do with the emulator receiving the pop up window.

If you have this working on your machine, then I'll just have to accept that there's something wrong with my computer and quit bothering you guys.

Thanks,
Tom

message: 2
date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 17:21:37 -0700 (MST)
from: James Rich
subject: Re: [LINUX5250] Ubuntu 8.10 Pop Up error