I added the two lines to my ~/.Xdefaults and it fixed the problem.

This is tn5250 0.17.4 on openSuSE 11.0. The xterm package is
xterm-235-12.2, built on 2009/01/07.

Thanks.

--Dave

Carey Evans wrote:
The security vulnerability that triggered this is listed here:
http://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/detail?vulnId=CVE-2008-2383

and the xterm changelog entry for it is here:

http://invisible-island.net/xterm/xterm.log.html#xterm_238

It looks like we need to add the lines below to the bottom of
/usr/share/tn5250/XTerm, or wherever it gets installed, although I don't
know if this will work with all the patched versions of xterm:

xt5250.VT100*allowWindowOps: True
xt5250.VT100*allowFontOps: True