Re: building x5250

fixed

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008, Brian McKee wrote:

This version (copy and paste of a screen) looks a little more readable.... (see below)

It looks like it is still getting messed up:

/usr/local/include/tn5250/utility.h:36: error: expected ‘=’,
‘,’,
‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘!’ token

etc.

But I think your real problem might have something to do with the way socket support is checked. Can you tell me where you got the tn5250 source? Did you get it from CVS or an official tarball?

Someone else reported similar errors on Solaris and I made some quick changes to see if it would fix it. Would you try building tn5250 using the following tarball:

http://www.chowhouse.com/~james/tn5250.tar.gz

Then build x5250. If that works for you I'll update CVS.

James Rich

It's not the software that's free; it's you.
- billyskank on Groklaw