Hi Shane,

Due to the way the code was written for the xt5250, you have to specify BOTH font_80 and font_132 (even if you set them to the same value) in order for the font keyword to be recognized.

So set your configuration file to:

nal820 {
host=xx.xx.xx.xx
+underscores
font_80=12x24
font_132=12x24
}

The .tn5250rc file on a Unix-based system (including Fedora) should be in your home directory. There's also a tn5250rc file (without the leading dot) that can be placed in your system-wide configuration directory, which will be ${PREFIX}/etc/tn5250rc where PREFIX is the prefix name you used when your built tn5250.

On FreeBSD, that means (by default) that the config file goes in /usr/local/etc/tn5250rc. With RPM versions of tn5250 on RedHat, it always went to /etc/tn5250rc instead (though, when built from source it went into /usr/local/etc/tn5250rc)

The PREFIX variable is highly system dependent, unfortunately. So you have to know where that sort of file is typically kept on your system... For a single user, using .tn5250rc in the home directory might be the simplest.

Shane_Cessna@xxxxxxx wrote:
xt5250 nal820 (via xterm or via desktop launcher)

which folder does the .tn5250rc file need to be in?