From: Naylor Robert
Sent: Thu 3/9/2006 12:16 PM
To: 'linux5250@xxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Win32, Alt-Sysreq & Terminal Servers

Just noticed a problem - alt-sys request doesn't seem to do anything when using
tn5250 via a terminal servers (both RDP and ICA).  On the same terminal at the
console this works.

Nothing appears in the trace file when the keys are pressed.   The same key
combinations works fine for teemtalk (another 5250 emulator).

Any hints?  While I'm very rusty at c coding (nor did I ever get to the level
required for this sort of project), but I have patched the code for destructive
backspaces using the patch from the mailing list, so I can re-compile the code
if needed.

 (I've tested the normal version to make sure the changes this didn't cause the
problem).

I've tried the unix_sysreq option and this works, however this is not an
acceptable work around according to the Projects team.  Its either get this
working or buy some very expensive site licenses :S

Disclaimer:
This is an e-mail from The Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust (the Trust). This
message and any files transmitted with it are confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient any reading, printing, storage, disclosure, copying or any
other action taken in respect of the e-mail is prohibited and may be unlawful.
immediately by using the reply function and then delete what you have received.
The Trust accepts no responsibility for any changes made to this message after
it has been sent by the original author. The views or opinions contained herein
do not necessarily represent the views of the Trust. This e-mail or any of its
attachments may contain data that falls within the scope of the Data Protection
Acts. You must ensure that any handling or processing of such data by you is
fully compliant with the terms and provisions of the Data Protection Act 1984
and 1998.