On Thu, 29 Dec 2005, Sean Porterfield wrote:

Data sent to device SPORTER1 not valid.  Device response code 10030101.
Data-stream error 10030101 reported for screen I/O operation.
Error occurred during screen I/O operation.
Signal SIGABRT raised (abnormal termination).
Internal error detected in File Transfer Protocol program.
Error(s) occurred during running of QsnCrtSsn API.

I have occasionally gotten similar errors to these but now I don't remember the exact circumstances. The problem isn't x5250 itself, but rather the enhanced 5250 protocol support. What is going on here is that the iSeries is sending some op code to lib5250 and lib5250 doesn't know what to do with it, so it responds to the iSeries that the data sent is invalid.

You can solve this problem by removing the enhanced keyword from the session in your .tn5250rc file. The reason tn5250 and xt5250 work is that they don't support the enhanced 5250 protocol and so ignore the enhanced keyword in .tn5250rc.

OK, I've been using x5250 for so long, I forgot I had other options! FTP works just fine from xt5250.

It makes me happy that x5250 has at least one long time user besides me!

I have some fixes in my tn5250 source tree that already fix this problem (at least ftp on V5R3 works perfectly for me using my changes). But I haven't committed them yet as I'm still working on improving the way tn5250 builds (which will in turn make x5250 and other projects outside the tn5250 tree easier to build). If you like I can send you tn5250 source tree and the next release of x5250. The trouble is that I only have lib5250 compiling but not tn5250 so once installed x5250 is your only option. If you would like to help sort out the autoconf stuff then maybe the next release would get done a little faster :) I haven't had time to work on it for months.

James Rich

It's not the software that's free; it's you.
        - billyskank on Groklaw