I use tn5250 from konsole using X11
tn5250 has gtk- version too? I just know it ..

Konsole?  You mean the KDE command-line window?

The tn5250 command is intended for people who are NOT running X11. People who are running the program from the non-graphical Linux text-only console are the ones that tn5250 was intended for.

From within X11, you should use xt5250 instead. (It should've been
installed at the same time that tn5250 was.)

You have to understand that the default tn5250 knows nothing of your keyboard. It uses the curses library for it's input and output. In order for it to understand your keypresses, your terminal has to tell the curses library that it's pressing a particular key, and curses then has to tell tn5250.

That means that in able to (for example) have shift-F12 send F24, you have to first instruct your terminal to send the sequence that curses expects for the F24 function. Then curses will send F24 to TN5250, and everything will be well. Since TN5250 does not have direct access to your keyboard, it can't do this for you.

The xt5250 script takes care of all of this for you. It loads instructions that tell the "xterm" program that's included with X11 how your keyboard is mapped, and then launches a new xterm with this mapping, and runs tn5250 in it.

But, we haven't written something like that for konsole, only xterm.

An alternative is x5250. x5250 doesn't use the curses interface at all, but works directly with the xlib component of X11. That allows it more direct access to your keyboard, and so it doesn't suffer from the same problem.