Hi James,

Am Mittwoch, 22. Juni 2005 20:26 schrieb James Rich:
> On Wed, 22 Jun 2005, Holger Burbach wrote:
> > we are successfully using tn5250 for accessing our AS/400 from 70
> > Linux-Clients for more than 3 years now. Quite everything works fine, but
> > there is always a little fight between the AS/400 programmers, who prefer
> > ClientAccess, and the rest of the IT department, who prefers tn5250.
>
> Wow - very cool.
>
> > The corresponding code on the AS/400 side is
> >
> >     (...)
> >     EDTCODE(Y) EDTMASK('  &  &    ')
> >     DSPATR(UL HI)  COLOR(WHT)
> >     (...)
>
> I can get similar code to compile on my machine.  Should that be EDTCDE
> and EDTMSK?  Also, no matter what I choose, the compile always fails with
> an incorrect shift attribute error.  Can you post more of the code for
> this field?  Here is what I'm trying:
>
> A            DFDATE        10Y 0B 22 54EDTCDE(Y)
> A                                      EDTMSK('  &  &    ')

I'm not familiar with this kind of programming code. Unfortenately I only have
a hardcopy of this, so this is a more complete extract:

         15  2'Geburtsdatum / -ort     :'
   8  0B    +1EDTCDE(Z)
   8  0B    +1EDTCDE(Y) EDTMSK('  &  &    ')
              DSPATR(UL HI) COLOR(WHT)
              DSPATR(RI PC) COLOR(RED)
            +1'(TTMMJJJJ)'
            +1'(TTMMJJJJ) /'
       B    +1REFFLD(TEXT25)
              DSPATR(UL HI) COLOR(WHT)
              DSPATR(RI PC) COLOR(RED)

> > Does anyone has an idea, what the problem is? Is this a bug in tn5250? Is
> > there a clever way to change to code on AS/400 side? Any help would be
> > appreciated.
>
> Can you tell me which version of tn5250 you are using?  'tn5250 -version'
> should do the trick.  If you are using version 0.17.2 or later, can you
> tell me if you are running in enhanced mode?

We are still using 0.17.1. Do you think an update fixes the problem?

> > Please don't let the programmers (and ClientAccess) win... ;-)
>
> I'll do everything I can!

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Holger