On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, Ruel, Marc-Antoine wrote:

I'd change the code in terminal.c around line 97 to something like this for faster compatibility with other port (for instance the win32 version hasn't been updated):

int
tn5250_terminal_enhanced (Tn5250Terminal * This)
{
 return (This)->enhanced == NULL ? 0 : (*((This)->enhanced)) ((This));
}

Good idea.

And am I wrong or you call tn5250_terminal_create_window() even though enhanced is false? I didn't see the check in tn5250_session_create_window_structured_field().

No need to check since the CREATE WINDOW structured field is only ever sent if the QUERY REPLY indicates that we support the enhanced 5250 protocol. So if enhanced is false the CREATE WINDOW structured field will never be sent (nor will scrollbars or selection fields).

I'm not sure of what I should do on window and scrollbar create/deletion. Could a default implementation update the display by using text boxes or it should really overlay the screen?

I'm not sure either. x5250 creates actual X11 windows that can exist outside of the parent window. Something needs to draw the window borders because if a CREATE WINDOW structured field the window borders will be sent as part of the structured field and not as part of the display buffer.

James Rich

It's not the software that's free; it's you.
        - billyskank on Groklaw