> Scott:  can you try this out?  Do you still get annoying flashing?  I see
> some flashing, but it is so small for me as to be insignificant (though I
> would like to eliminate it completely).

There doesn't seem to be any difference between this version and 0.4.4 as
far as the flickering goes... it's just as bad.

As long as you continue to clear the screen before redrawing it, you'll
always get a flicker.  What you're seeing is the screen going blank and
then the text reappearing.

If you do that slowly, it looks like the screen is blinking.

If you do it quickly, it looks like flickering.

The only fix is to stop clearing the screen before redrawing.  Just draw
right on top of the old image, and the problem will go away.  If that
causes problems for your ruler, caret or column separators, then FIX THEM,
don't clear the screen -- that's not a solution.

In my copy of x5250 0.4.4, I've fixed column separators, and removed the
screen clears, and it works really nicely. (I haven't fixed the ruler,
since I don't use it.) I've also removed the extra 3 pixels that you've
placed between every line on the screen.

At this point, I'm almost happy with my version of 0.4.4. The typehead of
keyboard data is royally messed up, but aside from that it's almost
usable.