Hi everyone,

I've updated x5250 and now it is actually usable!  All the function keys
work, as do field exit, plus, and minus.  In fact, every key works with
the exceptions of the new line key, shift left arrow, shift right arrow,
the help key (only because I haven't mapped it to anything), the reset
key, and print screen (some bug exists that make the print screen
incomplete).

Other things that don't work are:
  * non-display fields - they display :)
  * window borders - this *could* be done with a simple one liner patch,
but I want to pursue a different path.
  * underlines - these work correctly most of the time, but if you have
fields that aren't supposed to be underlined, they get underlined anyway.
It makes using SEU really fun :)  Plus if you have text that is supposed
to be underlined but isn't a field it won't get underlined.
  * copy/paste - paste half works.  If you highlight some text in some
other app and then middle click in x5250, it will paste in the text.  But
the pasted text isn't part of the buffer that gets sent to the iSeries
yet, so it just gets ignored.

For a (more) complete list of what remains to be done and where this is
all going, take a look at the TODO file and the DESIGN file included with
the source code.

Also with this update comes a new web site for x5250!  Not a super
exciting site yet, but that will change.  The URL is:

http://www.chowhouse.com/~james/x5250

The TODO file and the DESIGN file mentioned above (and all the rest of the
source files) are at:

http://www.chowhouse.com/~james/x5250/src/x5250

And finally, the tarball you've all been waiting for is at:

http://www.chowhouse.com/~james/x5250/x5250-0.0.3.tar.gz

(also listed on the main web page)

I'm very interested in reports from people who have 122-key keyboards.
For them, keys F13-F24 should Just Work, without doing anything special.

The build instructions are on the web page, as well as included in the
README.

I'm very interested in build failure reports and any reports of whether it
works or doesn't work.  I'm also keen on hearing from people who know
autoconf better than me (which is probably everyone since I don't know it
at all).

Build requirements:
  * tn5250 version 0.17 (basically a recent cvs)
  * glib

James Rich

Vs lbh guvax bs argjbex frphevgl nf na vzzhar flfgrz, Jvaqbjf vf UVI.
        -- Wbr Cyhgn