Hi Kenneth,

> But of course, they've found something to complain about and oddly
> enough its a semi-understandable one. They miss their "PrintScreen"
> option in the old IBM Client.  I did a search through the mailing list
> archives and on April 28, 2003 a Mr.Scott Klement announced that a new
> "PrintScreen" option had been released to CVS for both the *nix and
> win32 platforms.

My people had the same issues, and that's why I added the local print
screen code.

> I've done many a CVS checkout under linux but never under Windows so I
> installed TortoiseCVS and did a checkout of the HEAD branch. After
> getting MiniGW and glib installed I was able to make a clean compile
> with no errors but when I run the .exe with the "+local_print_key"
> option it doesn't add a Print option under the File menu as the original
> email to this mailing list suggested it would. Thinking I had run CVS
> checkout of the wrong branch I went ahead and did a checkout of the
> branch v0-16-5.  This branch compiled just fine as well but again the
> "+local_print_key" did not work.  Just for the fun of it I did a CVS
> checkout v0-17-0 but found that branch doesn't even have a win32 folder.

The CVS tags that start with a V refer to an already-released version.
v0-17-0 is version 0.17.0 (which is very old) and v0-16-5 is version
0.16.5, which is probably exactly the same as the binary version that you
started with.   Neither of these tags is a branch tag, the branches start
with a "b".

Right now there are two branches, b0-16 is the branches that the 0.16.x
versions are released from and HEAD is the branch that the 0.17.x versions
may eventually be released from.  Not sure where that's going since the
programmers who were interested in that branch are no longer contributing
to the project AFIAK.

> Has the local_print_key option been removed from CVS or am I doing
> something wrong?

Here's how you can tell:

1) go to our home page http://tn5250.sourceforge.net
2) Read down to the part about CVS, where it has a link that says "Browse
Them Online" and click that link.
3) Click the "win32" folder
4) Click on winterm.c

You can see in this list what was added/done to each branch.  You'll see
that local print key support was added in both the b0-16 and HEAD
branches.

Doing this, you would've been able to see that the changes were added
after v0-16-5, and so you'd know not to try to check out that tag.

I've got some other changes to this stuff that I've been testing with my
people here that really should be committed... I know there are some
memory leaks in the Win32 version that should be addressed.  I'd suggest
getting those fixes before you deploy it.