On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 01:26:05PM +0200, Elmars Ositis wrote:

> The reason I can't use raw and change the printer settings is that the same
> printer is also used by the SNA server in the service center.

Changing the printer settings, wasn't my intention. Calling a shell script
or a perl script which call lp/lpr with -o raw instead of calling lp/lpr
direct.

> What I would like to do is run the output through a filter to change the CR
> end of lines to CR-LF, set CPI to 12 and LPI to 8 and dump to the printer
> with no other changes. Nowhere in the CUPS documentation or maillists have
> I been able to find this. Even google comes up with only laser printer
> related issues. The CUPS documentation does mention you would need to
> configure to run through a filter. But leaves the rest up to your
> imagination...

Look at http://www.linuxprinting.org/CUPS-Filter-Chart.html to get an
impression of CUPS printstream flows. AFAIK is there no other way then -o
raw to byepass the input format detection and converting to Postscript.

--
Martin Reising                  mailaddress see header
natural computing GmbH          http://www.natural-computing.de/