Fred Horvat wrote:
> [...]

dominix@iMaquette dominix $ uname -a
Darwin iMaquette 6.6 Darwin Kernel Version 6.6: Thu May  1 21:48:54
PDT 2003; root:xnu/xnu-344.34.obj~1/RELEASE_PPC  Power Macintosh powerpc
dominix@iMaquette dominix $ which gcc3 cc gcc
/usr/bin/gcc3
/usr/bin/cc
/usr/bin/gcc
dominix@iMaquette dominix $ gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/libexec/gcc/darwin/ppc/3.1/specs
Thread model: posix
Apple Computer, Inc. GCC version 1151, based on gcc version 3.1 20020420
(prerelease)

I confirm gcc is on develloper CD (OS X 10.2.6)
you absolutely need it and aditionnal stuff (like tools or libs)
cant be obtain from http://fink.sf.net