I cannot make San Antonio (budget restrictions) but if anyone is going, please
feel free to use me (by name, if you want) as a tn5250 success story.  The
company installs Windows and CA on all the PCs, but CA is such a beast, and its
stability has been marginal for so long that I rarely used CA emulation for
production work.  I was a dyed in the wool Mochasoft user for a long time and
tried tn5250 just to see how it worked.

It worked great in Windows, even on an antique PC.  It is very lightweight and
doesn't have nasty interactions with other programs which cause the PC to
become unstable.

But I didn't really like all of the keyboard behaviour.  So, I downloaded the
source, poked around and made a couple of changes.  Re-compiled it and voilà!
During this process, I learnt to install Cygwin, CVS and also found out that C
isn't as hard as I remembered.  (I am an RPG programmer.)  With the help of the
group, I was able to make my changes fit the style of the code base better, and
submit it as a part of the project.

Open source works when you have an active group like this one!

While I am not a Linux user at this time, I can say that tn5250 is an excellent
application, and the more people use it, the better it will become.
  --buck