Hi!

I need to generate a PDF-file from a SCS-Stream. Lp5250d connect to the
AS400-System as a printer and printing through scs2ascii with Host
Printing Transformation works fine for my OKI590.
But if i try to create a PDF file from the IBM AS/400-SCS-Stream,
scs2pdf results in a broken file, readable with acrobat reader / xpdf,
but with many formatting errors.

The first thing i tried is to create it directly using "scs2pdf >
/tmp/output.ps" as outputcommand for lp2550d. The result was a file
described above.
Then i tried creating the file manually by saving the scs-data with
outputcommand="cat - > /tmp/output.scs" and then "cat /tmp/output.scs |
scs2pdf > /tmp/output.pdf".
This created the output.pdf file and, on stderr, i got a list of which i
would say it were fragments of the pdf-file.
So i tried to use "cat /tmp/output.scs | scs2pdf &> /tmp/output.pdf".
Everything seemed to be ok, no stderr-output but the result was not the
expected, clean pdf-file.

These three ways result in a pdf-file, readable by pdf-viewers, but with
format mistakes (missing Spaces/LFs, dupicate words, words overwritten
by others...).

I use the following lp5250d-environment defined in the
/root/.tn5250rc-File:

...snip...

asciiprint {
   host = 192.168.0.10
   map = 273
   env.DEVNAME = EDV
   env.IBMMFRTYPMDL = *OKI590IBM
   outputcommand = scs2ascii | lpr
}

[//comment: for the ascii-output , works fine]

pdf {
   host = 192.168.0.10
   map = 273
   env.DEVNAME = EDV
   outputcommand = scs2pdf > /tmp/output.pdf
}

plain {
   host = 192.168.0.10
   map = 273
   env.DEVNAME = EDV
   outputcommand = cat - > /tmp/output.scs
}

.../snip...

the syslog does only show the "Job Completed"-message when receiving a
stream from the AS/400.
The same with the log-file passed to lp5250d through the trace=/file -
option: No errors...

I tried to open the pdf-files with the Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0.

Thank you,

Stefan