> I need help with a similar issue already posted before. I just installed
> Suse linux Enterprise version. I downloaded the SSL certificate from the
> AS/400. But I don't know where to put it on the Suse LInux Enterprise. I
> spoke with IBM and they said that I need to find out the key database
> where I can import the certificate in order to connect to As/400.

You aren't very specific about what you're going to use SSL for?   SSL can
be used for almost every TCP/IP service on the iSeries, and for many
things in Linux as well.   BUT, since this forum is for the open-source
TN5250 emulator, I'll assume that the emulator is what you're trying to
get working.

In the TN5250 tarball there's a file called "README.ssl" which details
setting up SSL between the TN5250 package and an AS/400.  It may be a
little out of date (it was written for V4R5) but hopefully it'll be enough
information for you.

> When I do a search for SSL on Suse Linux I find it under the following
> directories: etc/, etc/cups/, usr/share/. On windows we copy the
> certificate on each workstation wishing to Communicate with the As/400
> using SSL.

I think that the problem may be that you're searching for "Suse Linux" and
that's leading you down the wrong path.  It's not Suse that you want to
get working with SSL -- but rather applications that you run under SuSE.

Most Unix applications aren't written for a particular operating system,
but rather are written with the intention of being able to use them
anywhere.  Instead, search for the specific applications you're wanting
info on.   Such as TN5250.  or Apache.  Or fetchmail... or whatever you're
working with, and that'll help you go in the right direction.

But, like I said, in the case of TN5250, your best bet is that README.ssl
file that's in the TN5250 tarball.

Good Luck