On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Steve Lovett wrote:

> Here is the .Xdefaults file contents:
[SNIP]

Some very confused person copied the us5250.map file (the Linux-specific
console keyboard map) into your .Xdefaults and/or XTerm files.   The data
that you posted is not legal syntax, and will be ignored (at best) by X11.

Here's how I'd fix it:

   1) delete your .Xdefaults file.   You don't need it  (at least not yet)

   2) Replace the contents of your XTerm file with the one found here:
      http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/tn5250/tn5250/XTerm
      (from this page, click the "(download)" link near the top)

   3) now, re-start xt5250.

This should get your keyboard configuration to a "sane" state.  If you
need to customize things a bit from here, check out the documentation in
James Rich's HOWTO:
   http://www.chowhouse.com/~james/tn5250-HOWTO.pdf