That's odd.  I've tried with 0.16.5 and from CVS.  I wonder if it could be
some kind of Linux vs FreeBSD issue?  I've tried it on Red Hat 7.3 and 9.0
with the same results.  I just tested 0.16.4 and 0.16.5 on Windows and got
the same thing, even here on the LAN.  I also tested CVS version with
OpenBSD 3.3 which also failed.

Is it possible the screen somehow flushes the keyboard buffer when it's
displayed?  I don't have a problem in Client Access, though.

I'll have to look around for OS/400 screens that behave the same way.  It's
hard to get a delay here...