Hi,

If you want to do this from an RPG program, I wonder if you could just
use the Host Print Transform API?  (QwpzHostPrintTransform)  you can
find more information about that, here:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/pubs/html/as400/v4r5/ic2924/info/apis/QWPZHPTR.htm

I've already used this API to read an SCS stream file and convert it to
plain text, so I know it can be done.

When I did it, I used the "manufacturer type & model" of *WSCST and set
the WSCST library/name to *LIBL/QWPDEFAULT.

Otherwise, you'll probably need to write your own "scs2ascii" program
in RPG.  You could do so by copying the way our scs2ascii.c works, or
if you want to understand it better, there's info about the SCS data
stream on the internet.

The best source i've found for the format of the SCS data stream is
the "IPDS and SCS Technical Reference" from IBM.  You can find it
here:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/prsys/pdfs/54453124.pdf

The chapter titled "AS/400 Non-IPDS" is the SCS codes.

Here's another source, which is easier to read, but less complete:
http://www.axis.com/documentation/tech_overview/cobra/ax-3_tech_6.0.pdf

Good Luck!