I'm seeing different behavior from tn5250 and Client Access when pressing
the home key.

Specifically:
It seems that even when a home position is implicitly given via an honored
Insert Cursor order,
this position won't  be used when the home key is pressed.

My Speculation:
I think the problem might be:
In display.c: tn5250_display_set_cursor_home, pending_insert is cleared to
0.
In display.c: th5250_display_kf_home, pending insert is checked before
using the implicit home position (but it'll always be 0).

My Solution:
In display.c : line 527:  tn5250_display_set_cursor_home
remove the line This->pending_insert = 0;

So far this has worked for me. I haven't seen it break anything else.

Note: This is a rare problem. If anyone reading this is someone who limits
themselves to IBM screens only, you may not ever experience this problem.
Off the top of my head I haven't been able to find an IBM screen whose home
position is not supposed to default to the first non-bypass field.
As for 3rd party software: who knows. Some people might not ever experience
this issue. On the other hand, they may see it all the time.

Thanks,
Mark

email
markb