~~~purchase.  You might try asking about that on MIDRANGE-L.
~~~  However,
~~~this would be a simple program for someone familiar with SSL
~~~and sockets
~~~on the iSeries to write...  probably wouldn't take more than
~~~a few hours.

Thanks Scott,
I read through the messages here and figured you guys might have heard of
something.
I had asked a similar question on Midrange-l with no response.
It was just hard for me to believe this scenario:

A fictitious company buys two 1 million dollar iSeries computers and find
they can't connect to each other securely using Telnet without a PC or
another piece of hardware.

VPN may be the answer, but not always I think.
Actually, I connect to several secure iSeries sites, but if I don't carry
the certificates with me or work from a dumb terminal it does not do me a
whole lot of good if they are Telnet-SSL only. So I thought that connecting
from one iSeries using SSL to the others would work better.

Thanks again,
Mark