On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, Alex Brainman wrote:

> I've got a list from "IBM 3180 Model 2 Display Station User's Guide"
> GA21-9469-2, Chapter 3. Error Codes And Recovery Procedures. AFAIK,
> the book is not available in any but print form, I've found mine in
> one of those boxes filled with dust in a conner of our computer room.
> I could type the text as is from the book, but the following fragment
> of code could be all you need for operator keying errors:
[SNIP]

A somewhat easier way is to type WRKMSGD KBD0000 on the iSeries.  Buck
Calabro pointed this out on Friday.

> You surely don't have to implement all of them. You just display the
> number as Mark suggested on the error line and send that number while
> processing KeyHelp in PreHelp error state. AS/400 will send you your
> full error message while placing the terminal in PostHelp state. It's
> a bit of a bugger to rap your head around it first, but when it's
> done, it works flawlessly. Also if you implement it for operator key
> errors listed above, you can just do 5250 stream parsing errors

[SNIP]

Yes, that's what I did.  Actually I had already done this before I asked
the original question.  The only thing I was asking was what the various
error numbers are. Once Buck posted the solution, I had the code finished
that afternoon.  I didn't commit it to CVS until late Sunday night because
I wanted to test it more thoroughly... sorry if that made it look like I
was still waiting for an answer...  but still, it's nice to have
confirmation that I'm doing it correctly.

Anyway... problem solved.  Thanks!