Hi Steven,

> After reading the archives
> (http://archive.midrange.com/linux5250/200208/msg00004.html) I played
> around with the sign_key_hack option and now when I press the '-' by the
> zero, or the numeric one, I get '}'.  The thread suggests that this is a
> problem on the AS/400 side.

What does client access do differently?  I'm a little lost.   When you are
in an unsigned numeric field, and you press field- to make the value
negative, a } appears.   It does this in Rumba, Mochasoft, IDEAComm,
Decision Data terminals and actual IBM 5250 terminals.   I don't have
access to CA, so I can't test against that... please post details of how
it's different.   (In fact, your best bet would be to send me a
screenshot of CA as well as a screenshot of TN5250, showing the different
results on the same screen)

The mailing list doesn't allow attachments, so if you do send screenshots,
either post them on a web page somewhere or send them to me directly.

> My question is why then does client access display the number properly?
>  I am guessing that will be the first question I get asked when I call
> the programmer of our AS/400 software.  In client access the '-' by the
> zero works fine, while the numeric '-' gives '}'.

If what you're referring to is the difference between the keypad '-' and
the '-' on the "typewriter" part of the keyboard, then the difference
is probably the "sign key hack".   Try running tn5250 like this:

tn5250 +sign_key_hack <other options> as400.example.com

Make sure you're running version 0.16.5, as well... the sign key hack did
not exist prior to that version.

So, if you're going to send me screen shots, please make sure you have the
sign_key_hack enabled when you send them.