I do a ps -waux|grep 5250 and nothing is running
I check the AS400 (WRKCFGSTS *DEV *PRT) and nothing is running
I run:
lp5250d env.DEVNAME=PRT03
'outputcommand=/usr/local/bin/scs2pdf>/tmp/spoolfile$$.pdf' 192.168.0.2
That is using the same binary (did not re-compile), same devname, and
same as400 with no changes to the as400 either
I then refresh the wrkcfgsts screen and prt03 shows up just fine
I then do a printscreen on the as400
So, I check to see if anything has come up and I get this:
-rw-rw-rw-    1 root     root            0 Sep  3 13:54
spoolfile15932.pdf

When I wrote the previous email, if I would ps -waux|grep 5250, nothing
would show up.  Now, it seems that it stays.  I can continue to do
screen prints and it generates 0 file size pdf files

I just tried running this command:
lp5250d env.DEVNAME=PRT03 'outputcommand=cat>/tmp/spoolfile$$.scs'
192.168.0.2

And an .scs file was generated.  (what would be the format to convert
that to pdf from the command line?  I tried cat file.scs > scs2pdf >
file.pdf  ?? But that didn't seem to work)

Crazyness