Hello all,

I would like to try my hands on adding DBCS support in Linux TN5250. If
I understand correctly, in the TN5250 protocol, all code conversion are
done on the client side, so that the server will only see EBCDIC and
DBCS (with shift-out and shift-in codes), is that right?

If so, is it true that we should add some code conversion tables in
Linux TN5250?  (Say, for Big5 <-> Traditional Chinese DBCS.)
If so, what is the exact name (or codepage number?) of the IBM AS/400
Traditional Chinese DBCS?  I took a brief look at the TN5250
specifications and the IBM ICU site, but at a first glance, I'm not
sure which conversion table to use.  :-)

Many thanks for your help!

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling