Hi Martin,

I've fixed some of the issues you mentioned (in CVS)

   1) It now accepts all 10 chars for the device name

   2) It now will load settings from the command-line and/or tn5250rc
        file into the Quick-Connect dialog before displaying it,
        so you can set map=285, and it will appear.

   3) Added color mapping support.  (for both Windows and Curses, but
        not GTK or S/Lang)

> Yes, that's the idea. I don't know if the initial setup dialog could
> include a few 'wizard' type questions to get the commandline options set
> appropriately. I know it's covered in the docs (very well, I should add)
> but reading documentation doesn't always seem to be top of the list when
> getting software installed & configured :(

I'll have to see if I can figure out how to add a "wizard" type question
to the setup program.  Its got a lot of options that I haven't really
looked at (this install being relatively simple), one of them might work
for that.

[ SNIP - intering VNC info ]

> It seems to be the Insert/Home/PageUp/Delete/End/PageDown and cursor keys
> that have zero function. The number pad with numlock off doesn't work
> either (as the other keys). Print screen does, and shift-Esc does a
> SysRq. For some reason tab only goes forwards *unless* I hit the Windows
> key first, when it goes backwards. The usual combination of Shift-Tab
> doesn't work properly. Is there anything I can do to get more on this, or
> is it just bad luck. The only Windows boxes I use are accessed by VNC or
> RDesktop (MS terminal server) so I can't do too much to test it at work.

This is only a problem under VNC, correct?  I'm not that familiar with
VNC.   If you built tn5250 from source, I could tell you how to log
the keyboard codes that TN5250 is receiving...   That might help you
see what's going on?

I don't know much about VNC, so I don't know how much help I can be.