Hi Heather,

   Can you make a trace file, and send it to me?  Please send it to me
directly (not to the list) as they can get large, and they contain
everything that's sent to/from your AS/400  (including your password).

In fact, you may want to create a "dummy" account on your AS/400, create
the trace file, and then delete it.  (That way, you don't have the worry
about the password issue.)

The way that you create a trace file is to type something like this:

       tn5250 trace=/path/to/tracefile.txt [other parms] as400.example.com

Or, if you use a tn5250rc file, you can put the "trace=" command in there.

(If your curious about what a trace file does, you can play it back by
typing:  tn5250 debug:/path/to/tracefile.txt   then, step through the
trace by pressing space bar...)

>From this trace, I'll try to see what's going wrong, and see what I can
do to fix it.

Thanks