On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, James Rich wrote:

> I added support for changing CPI in scs2pdf.  I tested this with a report
> that Frank Richter sent me.  I am not aware of any SCS printer features
> that scs2pdf lacks now.  The patch is at:
>
> http://www.eaerich.com/tn5250.diff

Okay, I've committed that.

> I'm also wondering if the fonts used and the sizes should be user
> selectable.  Right now you get Courier 10 point for 10 CPI, and Courier
> Bold for bold, Courier 8 point for 12 CPI, and Courier 6 point for 16 CPI.
> Maybe someone would like to use something besides Courier?  And maybe
> different point sizes?

It seems to me that the best way would be to translate OS/400's output
to a corresponding font.   So, you can create a document on the iSeries,
get everything working there and send it to your PC to make a PDF.

It seems unlikely that someone would want to change their PC config
individually for every document that they want different features on.

> And what sizes are valid on the iSeries for CPI? 1 to infinity? 10, 12,
> 16?

When I type '?OVRPRTF' on my iseries, it tells me that the possible values
for CPI are 5, 10, 12, 13.3, 15, 16.7, 18 and 20.

James, have you given any thought to how all your new printer code will
integrate with the Windows lp5250d?  Or have you thought about porting it
to the 0.16.x branch, so that it'll make it into the next release?  Or was
the plan to get it stable in the 0.17.x branch, and then port it after
it's stable?