Dear James,

I confirmed with Jeffery Stevens of IBM when V5R1 was released that the
Telnet server currently shipped within OS/400 has an approximate maximum
throughput capability of about sixty-five (132 column by 66 row) pages per
minute for each TN5250E printer pass through session configured on an
iSeries host. He told me that IBM knows how to improve the supported
throughput (so that the pages per minute value would be greater) but that
the resources to implement these improvements would most likely only be
assigned if IBM received requests for faster TN5250E printing speeds from
actual customers.

You might have hit this host side TN5250E printing speed bump with your
test.

Best Regards,

/Paul
--