On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Scott Klement wrote:

> > I'm having a lot of trouble with lp5250d.  It keeps crashing whenever I
> > use the outputcommand argument.  So I started it up with the trace
> > argument and it crashed immediately (without ever creating the tracefile).
> > I'm using tn5250 version 0.17.1.
>
> Strange.  What does your config look like?  Are you using a tn5250rc?  If
> so, could you post it?   If not, could you post the command-line you're
> using?

I have a very simple .tn5250rc.  Here is the portion that has to do with
the machine I'm connecting to (I connect to several):

myas400 {
        host = myas400.fqdn.com
        env.TERM = IBM-3477-FC
}

Not much here.  I set most things up on the command line since I'm still
testing.  So I did this:

lp5250d env.DEVNAME=PRTTOUNIX trace=tracefile myas400.fqdn.com

Using the above lp5250d exits immediately without writing a tracefile.
Interestingly the following works fine:

lp5250d env.DEVNAME=PRTTOUNIX myas400.fqdn.com

But I need to use the outputcommand argument which also fails immediately
(with no tracefile if given the tracefile argument).

I downloaded from CVS last night and started tinkering.  I don't have any
insight yet.  But I did get scs2pdf to compile and run (sort of).

James Rich
james@eaerich.com