Hello Mario,

On Sun, 10 Feb 2002, Mario Pesce wrote:

 > At this point I get following messages:
 >
 > #36  "tn5250-res.rc" 2
 >
 > 200 ICON "tn5250.ico"
 >
 > windres: no resources
 > D:\MINGW\BIN\MAKE.EXE: ****  [tn5250.res.o]  Error 1
                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^ <-- should be tn5250-res.o
That's strange.  That should be tn5250-res.o, not tn5250.res.o.
Is that really what it says?  Have you changed the Makefile?

 > The icon tn5250.ico exists in the directory and the tn5250-res.rc has only
 > following lines:
 >

 > #include <windows.h>
 > #include "resource.h"
 >
 > IDI_TN5250_ICON ICON "tn5250.ico"

That's correct.  All it does is define tn5250.ico as an icon that can
be compiled into the program...  Not much to it.

 >   What is the problem ?

I don't know?  This is very strange.

Here are some thoughts:

Please make sure that, if you have Cygwin installed on your system that
you (a) aren't running this under Cygwin, and (b) don't have anything from
Cygwin in your MS-DOS path.  I've seen that cause some strange problems.

(I'll take a long shot, here...) Do you have another compiler or software
package that includes a "windres" that it may be running instead of the
one from MinGW?

 > Thank you for your help and best regards
 >
 > Mario Pesce

If those ideas don't help, could you send me a copy of the "Makefile"
from your win32 directory?   Send it directly to me (my address is at
the top of this message) not to the list.  Perhaps that will help me
see what's wrong...

Thanks!