On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, Myles Toomey wrote:

> Just managed to download and install tn5250 on a Mac OSX (10.1, Darwin
> 1.4) machine. It is working. I wish to thank those responsible, and
> offer my assistance in any way possible to those involved in the effort.
> Thanks again

The best thing that you can do to help would be to assist us in making
the product fully-functional under MacOS X (Since I have no Mac to try
it on...)

Work with us to put full support into the source distribution, including
a reasonable keyboard map, etc.

> Off to find out about terminfo/termcap to try and make the xt5250 work

Actually, you may not need to change termcap/terminfo to make
xt5250 work :)

Try this:

   1) Edit /usr/local/bin/xt5250
   2) Go down to the bottom of the file.  One of the last lines
         contains the phrase "-tn xterm-5250".
   3) Change it to read "-tn xterm-color"
   4) Save the changes.

Now try running xt5250.   Does it work?

The only problem that I know of with this method is that "back-tab"
doesn't seem to work.  Other than that, the termcap entry is pointless...

(It's still important for console-mode, however)

Thanks!