On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Martin Rowe wrote:

> colours I like. ISTR some discussion on the list about this a while ago,
> and the comment was made (might have been me) about putting something in
> in ~/.tn5250rc to handle this (or have I just been dreaming again).

Another rc file?  I suppose people don't want to use .Xdefaults because
they want to run tn5250 without X installed?  How about this proposal:

1.  create a configure option --without-X11 (or similar) that builds the
code as it is now (hard-coded colors).

2.  enable xt5250 to use the .Xdefaults file to set up the colors.
.Xdefaults would contain standard entries such as:

xt5250*background       : black
xt5250*foreground       : green

Color setting would be done the same way xterm does it (by letting Xlib
handle it).  We don't want to write a parser or anything to read
.Xdefaults.

3.  I'm not sure how to handle settings beyond *foreground, *background,
*pointerColor, and *cursorColor.  Are there xterm definitions for the
highlights?  Maybe even (gasp!) blink?

James Rich
james@eaerich.com