In Linux, and all Unixes, a program in the "userland" cannot access a
device directly.  Only the kernel can access these devices.

Normally, the kernel has a driver for a device, and offers a standardized
interface that allows userland programs to interface with it.

Unfortunately, none of these hardware manufacturers (Affinity, BOS, etc)
have created Linux drivers for their cards -- at least not that I've seen!
Therefore, adding support for your cards in our 5250 software would be a
_major_ undertaking!   The cost, if you were to pay me, to write support
for these cards would _far_ exceed the $1200 for an ethernet card.

So, no... tn5250 does not support emulation cards at this time.  :)

You'll also note that IBM has dropped support for these types of cards
in Client Access Express as well.   In the long term, you'll save a lot
of time and money by either buying an ethernet card for your AS/400, or
by upgrading to an AS/400 that comes with an ethernet card.