On Thursday 06 September 2001 7:37 am, Michael Madore wrote:
<snipped>
> I've been lurking in the background for the last year.  It's really
> cool how this project has taken on a life of it's own.  I can remember
> the first couple of days when I was hacking away for hours.  My wife
> asked who would ever be interested in a 5250 emulator for Linux. ;-)
>
> Mike Madore

Well, I for one have been very interested. Started with Linux in April'99
as a little R&D project at work, and haven't looked back :) Being able to
use tn5250 was great, because at that point I didn't have access to our
M$ terminal server box. That way I was still able to do my day job even
in Linux. Later I got a Citrix client for TS access[1] but by that time I
was hooked on tn5250. Apart from checking how CA does something (like
with the Shift-left/right cursor Scott has just added) I've not used it
in over two years. It also means I can log into NetShare400[2] from home,
where I don't have Windows anymore. I'm very grateful to the all the
developrs for a great product - it'll be good to see your input again :-)

Regards, Martin
[1] Now use the open source RDesktop instead - http://www.rdesktop.org
[2] With my unbeatable rate subscription ($0) to work on my open source
tools :)
--
martin@dbg400.net / jamaro@firstlinux.net
http://www.dbg400.net  DBG/400 - DataBase Generation utilities