Okay, I've implemented your suggestions:

   -- Shift-Left will now go to the start of a word, instead of the end.
   -- Shift-Right & Shift-Left will now wrap lines
   -- Shift-Home has been added to go to the first position of the current
         field.

These are in CVS for the 0.17.x branch.   Once they've had a bit more
exposure, I'll merge them into the 0.16.x branch as well...

Please let me know what you think of the way they work, now...