On Tuesday 28 August 2001 11:49 am, Brendan Bispham wrote:
> Scott,
>
> On Saturday 25 August 2001 03:37, you wrote:
> > > So suggestion #1 on my list would be Alt-cursor to jump inbetween
> > > spaces to the next character - almost essential for RPG source
> > > entry....
> >
> > I'm not clear on what you mean by this?   What does alt-cursor do?  Is it
> > different than TAB?   I enter RPG source constantly in Tn5250, and have
> > never heard of this :)
>
> Not quite TAB, the cursor jumps to the next non-blank character (like
> Ctrl-cursor in windows like this kmail app). I find it "essential" because
> you can navigate across the blanks that are inbetween pos7, opcodes and
> indicator positions.
>
> I suppose it should be Ctl-cursor to match the PC world....

You (as in I/me) learn something every day :) Just tried this in KMail - fun.
I'd put my tuppence for this option too. I never knew about that in Client
Access, so tried it out there too (nearly a minute from clicking the option
to getting a logon screen - bleagh). I'm used to w, e & p to skip words in
Vim, but I've always got by with just the End key in tn5250. Speaking of
which, the keymap for End (and a few others) is missing from both 0.16.2 and
0.17.x cvs. I add the following to my /usr/local/share/tn5250/XTerm
(disappeared from cvs at some point).

        <Key>BackSpace: string("\177") \n\
        <Key>End: string("\033[4~") \n\
        <Key>Home: string("\033[1~") \n\