On Wednesday 22 August 2001 1:30 pm, Brendan Bispham wrote:
> So far so good... although I've become quite attached to the Ctrl-K I
> suppose I can adapt back to the fldexit :)
>
> But perhaps I can get a definitive answer to coloring the foreground...
>
> I've tried both .Xresources and editing xt5250 and it still comes up green.
> I dont want to recompile the c source because I have 3 different AS400s to
> connect to and I like 3 different colors so I dont mix them up.
>
> My xt5250 has -fg blue and my ~/Xresources (and Xdefaults) has:
> as400*foreground: Blue
> as400_color*foreground: Blue
> xt5250*foreground: Yellow
> xt5250_color*foreground: Yellow
> ..but the only effect of all this is the xterm thinks it's in Blue (eg
> Ctl-leftclick gives the menu in blue).
>
> Other changes I make to xt5250 like -fn take effect. My xterm window has a
> title that matches the Xresources entries (ie as400).
>
> I really would like a visual indicator before I go and and start clearing
> files on the live system instead of the test one :)
>
> Thanks,
> Brendan

Hi Brendan

I've got colours working fine in both the current cvs version and the recent
0.16.2 release. I use a slightly modified version of cursesterm.c that has
blue as blue, rather than as bold cyan ie.

#define A_5250_BLUE     ((attr_t)COLOR_PAIR(COLOR_CYAN) | A_BOLD)
replaced with
#define A_5250_BLUE     ((attr_t)COLOR_PAIR(COLOR_BLUE))

then have a couple of files with the override colours I want to use. As we
have two machines here, one development & one production, I like to have a
different background colour for the live box, so I didn't want to go down the
.Xresources route (and get the same colours for all sessions).

My production colour file is .liv1[1]
xt5250*color0:                  #292831
xt5250*color4:                  #7b91f6
xt5250*color12:                 #7b91f6

and I launch a 'live' session by running

xrdb ~/.liv1 && xt5250 LIV1

Regards, Martin
[1] color0 is a dark grey and color4 & 12 are the same purpley-blue (sp?)
used in Client Access emulation, though the /etc/X11/rgb.txt value
MediumSlateBlue works well too. I like to stick to the *real* colours so
screens I design don't look too weird for our users (though many of them
already have very strange colour maps already).
--
martin@dbg400.net / jamaro@firstlinux.net
http://www.dbg400.net  DBG/400 - DataBase Generation utilities