From: "Antonio Romani" <antonio_r@libero.it>
To: <LINUX5250@midrange.com>
Sent: 13 December 2000 20:46
Subject: R: AS/400 client

Hi then!

Here some words about "tn5250 isn't reliable..." I mean that it's poor in
many functions usefull for the user, for example GUI printer configuration,
connections setting-up, automatization of log-ins, file transfer to and from
AS/400 using SQL queries, drag 'n' drop, copy and paste function, etc, all
futures daily required by the user job. In addition tn5250 doesn't come with
a menu for the keyboard setting-up with various standard keyboards
pre-selected, US, Japanese, Chinese, Italian, it doesn't have a fonts
database to enhance the compatibility with various systems, etc...
Ok, you can be a programmer, a power user, a system administrator, ok, but
the greater part of users in a Office contest, doesn't have many computer
skills and so it's impossible and difficult to use a non user friendly
interface, no?
If you see the GUI of Windows NT IBM Client Access or NS/Elite or Bosanova
TCP/IP client, you'll find out that these softwares are easy, easy to use
and easy to setting-up (to customize) in every part, from printer to screen,
etc...

BUG REPORT:

-I found that in tn5250 0.16.00pre2 (and 0.15.x) when i change the screen
dimensions, the quality of the displayed fonts isn't correct, I see all
confused, it's probably for an erroneous font re-scale?
-Some characters doesn't appear in the correct manner, the characters are :
é è ò à ù ì, why?

REQUESTS

In which ways I could correctly configure my keyboard? (Italian one) For
example, to log-out from the AS/400 system I have to push the Command-11
button (F11), but it isn't work actually on my tn5250 client, the same if i
want to do an undo action, i must push the command-12 button (F12), but it
doesn't work. I'm sure that the keyboard must be configured, but it's not
much simple, isn't it? How I could do?

GREETINGS

Long life to tn5250 project! Excuse me for my words, but I didn't want to
splash with the mud the tn5250 project, it's only because I have some
configuration-problems" ARGHH!!!

That's all folks! Bye-Bye!!!
               0-NeT

david@midrange.com