Setting up tn5250?

fixed

Hi, I'm sort of new to all of this and I could use some help.  Right now I have Caldera E-Desktop 2.4, video resolution at 1024x768, on a separate partition and I have several releases of the tn5250 downloaded.  The one I installed is the 15.8.  I can run the xt5250 from a terminal window by cd to the directory and then just typing xt5250.  I am having a couple problems with this, though.  First of all, the window is extremely small and if I enlarge it nothing happens to the size of the text.  Secondly, the control (reset) key won't work, so if I use a wrong function key I can't reset it.  When I try to run the tn5250 I have the same problems as well as I retain text from previous screens on the current one and ultimately the tn5250 will no longer work.

My major concern in all of this is that I cannot find documentation on how to get it actually installed right and configured.  Can anyone give me the installation for a Linux newbie?  I've sort of taken it on myself to get this working properly, if I can't get it working properly and I have computer knowledge, how could I convince anyone above me that Linux may be a viable solution for the future?  I am satisfied with Linux so far and see great things ahead for it.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
+--- | This is the LINUX5250 Mailing List! | To submit a new message, send your mail to LINUX5250@midrange.com. | To subscribe to this list send email to LINUX5250-SUB@midrange.com. | To unsubscribe from this list send email to LINUX5250-UNSUB@midrange.com. | Questions should be directed to the list owner/operator: david@midrange.com +---