  • Subject: Re: Getting the latest cvs version (was Re: tn5250 0.17.1 crash on"graphics" data)
  • From: "Jason M. Felice" <jfelice@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 22:03:54 -0400

Sean Porterfield wrote:

> I didn't even get that much from the man page or cvs --help
>
> I saw a message that Jason Felice posted with directions for getting one of
>the 0.16x branches and kept changing commands until it worked.  I finally got
>the files into the directory tn5250-0.17.1/ instead of tn5250/ with the
>following command:
>
> cvs -d ':pserver:anonymous@cvs.cleveland.lug.net:/tn5250' checkout -d
>tn5250-0.17.1 tn5250
>
> The -r didn't seem to work for me, but when I left it out, voila!

Yes, that is correct.  Development continues along the main branch
forever, stable branches
fork "off to the side" so we can make bug fixes on the peripheral
branch.  One thing to
note, however, that when changing between branches, you have to check
out into a clean
(read: empty, brand new) directory, otherwise there's no telling which
branch you get.

And yes people, I'm hearing the request for directions!  I'm having
major snafus with phone companies right now ("you cancelled our business
DSL?  And you can't
tell us why?  It'll be 4-6 weeks to re-install?"), so I'm not sure when
I'll get to it
between trying to get strange kernels with strange ppp support so that I
can get sufficient
bandwidth from bonding 56K modems.

Arghghghgh!

(If anyone cares to compose and send directions in HTML form, I'll put
'em up on the CVS
server after scanning for accuracy.)

Thanks,
-Jason M. Felice