  • Subject: Re: SYSREQ handling
  • From: Scott Klement <klemscot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 17:16:18 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 11 Jul 2000, Jason M. Felice wrote:

> I don't have the time to test and stuff right now, but I think you'll
> find in the BUGS
> file that a SysReq on the signon screen will cause the emulator to dump
> it's guts to this
> neat little file named `core'.  Sounds like the same bug, so you may
> want to check that and
> remove from the BUGS file.  (Before I forget ;-)
>
> -Jason M. Felice
> (jfelice@cronosys.com)

I tested this, SysReq at signon no longer dumps core.  You should be able
to remove that from the bugs list.

Also in the bugs file, there is an entry like this:

   "In an unsigned numeric field-exit required field, the cursor
    remains on the last character, but on pressing field exit,
    the last character is erased"

Mike fixed this awhile ago, at my request.

Also:
    "When editing a DDS source member, the Len field has problems. It
     should be possible to enter "+1" or "-1" (or +2, -10, etc.) in
     the field, but tn5250 reuses the "+" and "-" keys which makes
     this impossible."

This has NOT been fixed, but I wanted to comment :)   Since we now have
the ability to use real field plus & field minus keys, is it still
necessary to "reuse" the "+" and "-" keys?  Does anyone use this feature?

In my (FreeBSD) keyboard maps, I map the keypad plus and keypad minus keys
to be the "real" field-plus and field-minus key sequences.  I could use
the "normal"  + and - keys (i.e. the ones not on the keyboard) when I
wanted to type the "+" and "-" characters, if it weren't for that fact
that they're being reused :(

(Not that I need to do that very often..)