  • Subject: Re: Configuring tn5250 / xt5250
  • From: Jack High <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 09:47:01 -0700 (PDT)

Scott Klement writes:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 19 Jun 2000, kim gabrielsen wrote:

> > 1) The xterm is small and difficult to read. Isn't possible to change
> > the size / font of this window.?

> There is probably a way to make this happen automatically when the
> xterm opens with a command line switch, as well.

I did the following to xt5250:

---------------
#!/bin/sh
xrdb /usr/share/tn5250/xt5250.keys
# Jack High, 3 Nov 1999
# xterm  -name "xt5250" -bg black -fg white -tn xterm-5250 -e tn5250 "$@"  &
xterm -name "xt5250" -fn 12x24 -bg gray20 -fg darkGoldenrod4 +ah -cr plum -tn x
term-5250 -e tn5250 "$@"  &

I inserted -fn 12x24 to change the font size (others might find this a
little large). While I was at it, I changed the background color from
black to gray20 (-bg), changed the font color from white to
darkGoldenrod4 (-fg), changed the cursor color to plum (-cr). The
option "+ah" causes the cursor to be highlighted based on focus.

Jack
--
Jack High                               jack@mirjana.wa.com
Olympia, Washington