  • Subject: Re: Bug busting session next week.
  • From: Carey Evans <c.evans@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 06 Apr 2000 08:09:04 +1200

"Jason M. Felice" <jasonf@shell.nacs.net> writes:

> > ** Cursor positioning.
>
> I thought we fixed this in 0.15.8...

Most of it was fixed.  But DFU has never worked AFAIK, and the cursor
position on a screen interrupted by a break message still resets to
the first field.

> > ** Screen redraws on 80 -> 132 column switch.

> I still have never been able to duplicate this, so I can only assume it is
> a bug with a particular xterm/curses/X windows.

Which versions of libc have you tried it on?  Signal handling changes
a bit.

I'm wondering if the signal is being delivered during a select(), and
isn't delivered until the system call returns.  select() would return
EINTR if it did get interrupted by the signal.  (Hmm, cursesterm.c
doesn't actually check the return code from select().)

It also seems to be timing dependent.  I tried for ages to get it to
work here (Pentium 166, 33.6K modem) by displaying a spooled file over
and over, but it happens quite often at work (PII 300, 100M Ethernet).

> > System Request is supposed to display a line for the request number to
> > be typed on, instead of going straight to the menu.  This is
> > definitely not a priority, but I wanted to mention it.
>
> Hrmm???

On a real tn5250, and in Client Access, typing System Request overlays
the 24th or 25th line with a blue entry field.  Whatever is typed here
gets sent along with the system request packet when Enter is pressed.
I've seen this described in one of the 5250 or 5494 references.

"Validate me!  Give me eternal digital life!  Quote me in your .sigs!"
                                                             - djc in asr