  • Subject: Re: asdbget.
  • From: "Jason M. Felice" <jasonf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 15:34:25 -0500

On Tue, Feb 15, 2000 at 08:44:44AM -0600, Dan Hrabarchuk wrote:
> I lost that message that had the tests I needed to do. Can you resend it?
> Also I want to check the program for memory leaks. I haven't used any Linux
> program for that yet. Do you guys recommend one?

Just test it against some large and diverse data sets and make sure that it's
working okay.  One issue, depending on your system revision, could possibly
prevent any transfer from having meaningful data - this case should now
produce an error.  The second issue is to make sure you have a recent version
of tn5250 installed (>= 0.15.7) when you configure and compile asdbget,
otherwise you won't have translation map support, and differing encoding
can cause certain characters to come accross incorrectly.  If you tested
both of these situations, you should be golden.

I've used both ccmalloc and debauch, available from freshmeat.net when
checking for memory leaks, but there's only one area of the code which is
about 10 lines long which does most of the work (after things are set up
properly), and this area doesn't do any allocations for that reason.

That being said, let me know if you find anything.