  • Subject: tn5250-0.15.7-2
  • From: GOMEZ Henri <hgomez@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 11:47:49 +0100

Hi,

Just uploaded tn5250-0.15.7-2.i386.rpm and tn5250-0.15.7-2.src.rpm to :

ftp://incoming.redhat.com/libc6/ and

ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/pub/gomez/tn5250/6.x/

Built under Redhat 6.1

Also a binary version for Redhat 5.x at

ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/pub/gomez/tn5250/5.x/

Signed with my PGP Key :
ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/pub/gomez/Henri_Gomez.pgp.key

---

Name        : tn5250                       Relocations: /usr
Version     : 0.15.7                            Vendor: (none)
Release     : 2                             Build Date: Tue 15 Feb 2000
11:30:33 AM CET
Install date: Tue 15 Feb 2000 11:33:00 AM CET      Build Host: hgo1.cs
Group       : Applications/Networking       Source RPM:
tn5250-0.15.7-2.src.rpm
Size        : 290708                           License: GPL
Packager    : Henri Gomez <gomez@slib.fr>
URL         : http://www.blarg.net/~mmadore/5250.html
Summary     : 5250 Telnet protocol and Terminal
Description :
tn5250 is an implementation of the 5250 Telnet protocol.
It provide 5250 library and 5250 terminal emulation.
* Tue Feb 15 2000 Henri Gomez <gomez@slib.fr>

- 0.15.7-2
- Backspace problem corrected (Carey Evans Patch)

* Thu Feb 10 2000 Henri Gomez <gomez@slib.fr>

- 0.15.7
- Removed config.guess and config.sub from CVS since they should be
  provided by autogen.sh.
- Added --enable-old-keys switch to configure to compile in the old
  keyboard handler (preparation for 0.15.7).
- Fixed bugs with handling response code for printer sessions.
- Added a response code/error message lookup table so that we can get
  the error message in Plain English (tm).
- Apply patch from Mike Madore regarding IBMTRANSFORM set incorrectly
  (for printer sessions).
- Documented `-P cmd' option in usage message, removed `-p' option to
  indicate print session as `-P cmd' is required for a working session
  anyway.
- Fixed typo in new key-parsing code preventing PgDn from working.
- Added code to handle Esc+Del = Ins vt100 key mapping.
- Added stuff to XTerm resources to turn on real underlining and turn
  off silly color-instead-of-underline mode.
- Throw away weird keys we get from ncurses4 after before first
  keypress.
- Implemented FER (Field-Exit Required) state (not tested).
- Use 'TERM' to determine if terminal is an xterm or xterm-5250, as it
  *works* :) (Thanks to Frank Richter for pointing out bug).
- Apply Frank Richter's cursor-position-on-status-line patch.
- Implement rest of keys for #defined USE_OWN_KEY_PARSING.
- Finally object-orientized translation map stuff, but will have to be
  modified later to handle wide characters/DBCS characters/Unicode -
  however we intend to support different character sets better.
- In Field Exit handling for signed numeric fields, don't NUL-out the last
  (sign) position of the field - this is what Field- and Field+ are for.
- Home key when already in home position should send the Home aid code,
  even when we have a pending insert.  Also, home key should move to the
  beginning of the *first non-bypass field* not the *current field* when
  there is no pending insert (IC address).
- Clear pending insert flag on Clear Unit or Clear Unit Alternate command.

* Wed Jan 12 2000 Henri Gomez <gomez@slib.fr>

- 0.15.6
- Reported by Phil Gregory - display is not inhibited and cursor is not in
  proper place after Write Error Code.
- Implemented Read Immediate Alternate and Read MDT Fields Alternate
commands,
  modified tn5250_session_query_reply to indicate that we now support them
  the host.
- Implemented TD (Transparent Data) order.  There is apparently nowhere to
  indicate this to the host. (This may have been the cause of earlier binary
  data issues).
- Implemented MC (Move Cursor) order.  This is now indicated to the host.
- Move remaining keyboard handling from session.c to display.c, make
  tn5250_display_waitevent NOT return keyboard events. (Might we want to
  pass along ones we don't understand?  Nah...)
- Save/restore message line when Write Error Code is used by the host to
  inhibit display.  Also, use the correct message line (according to the
  format table header).
- Added refresh() call to cursesterm.c.  Hopefully, this will resolve the
  80 -> 132 column switch refresh issues reported by some users.
- Wrote a quick hack of a Perl script to insert Robodoc comment headers
  for all the functions (and manually did all the structures).  Yeah, it's
  ugly, but no-one produces a tool as good as Javadoc which works on C.
- tn5250_dbuffer_send_data_for_fields(): A *SET* bit inhibits the
transmission
  of field data, not a clear one.  Also, fine point of spec, all three aid
key
  bytes must be present before the 5294 controller will obey any of them.
- Carey Evans' suggestions for new xt5250 script portability, security
  incorporated.
- xt5250: Now changes window title to name of host.
- cursesterm.c: Now obeys the information returned from ENQ about what
  type of terminal, and only uses xterm resize escape when on an xterm
  again.

* Thu Jan 06 2000 Henri Gomez <gomez@slib.fr>

- 0.15.5
- Extensively modified xt5250 script to prompt for hostname if not given,
  automagically use xrdb to load the keyboard mappings.  Inspired by Henri
  (Thanks!)
- Renamed Xdefaults to xt5250.keys, installs in $pkgdatadir, also
  installs Linux keyboard maps there.
- Removed smacs, rmacs, and acsc from 5250.terminfo - we don't use them and
  they don't seem to work under an xterm.  Makes 'dialog' draw all sorts of
  funny looking characters.
- If installing on Linux system, automatically 'tic 5250.terminfo' if
  tic command is found (and user is root).
- Fixed bit-ordering issue causing beeps/screen flashes all the time
  (hopefully).
- Happy Y2K!
- Changed handling of Field+ and Field- in regards to number-only-type
  fields.
- No longer ignores the function key bits in the format table header.  This
  means that we won't transmit the field data for a function key unless the
  AS/400 has requested it.
- Rolled Tn5250Table functionality into Tn5250DBuffer, removed
  formattable.[ch] and resulting duplicate functionality in display.c
- Apparently, the AS/400 and S/36 differ in how they send the client the
  Restore Screen data.  The AS/400 just sends the data raw, while the
  System/36 prefixes it with a X'04' X'12' (Restore Screen) opcode.  This
  is now ignored.
- Removed portsnoop. It doesn't belong here and there's better stuff out
  there (check freshmeat.net).  nc seems to work well, and is installed on
  most distributions by default.
  formattable.[ch] and resulting duplicate functionality in display.c
- Apparently, the AS/400 and S/36 differ in how they send the client the
  Restore Screen data.  The AS/400 just sends the data raw, while the
  System/36 prefixes it with a X'04' X'12' (Restore Screen) opcode.  This
  is now ignored.
- Removed portsnoop. It doesn't belong here and there's better stuff out
  there (check freshmeat.net).  nc seems to work well, and is installed on
  most distributions by default.

* Tue Dec 21 1999 Henri Gomez <gomez@slib.fr>

- 0.15.4
- Rewrite of screen/format table save/restore code to generate Write to
Display
  commands and orders.  This should even allow you to resume a session with
  a different emulator and have the restore screen feature still work.  This
  results in a noticable slowdown in situations where the save screen
command
  is used.
- Fixes for End key behavior.
- Fixes for Del key behavior, other keys which weren't setting the field's
  modified flag.
- Buffered keystrokes will now cause the display to update.
- Some 'binary' characters now accepted as data characters.
- CC1/CC2 bytes in Read MDT Fields/Read INput Fields commands were not being
  handled.
- Partial work on restructuring... Auto Enter fields now work again.
- Updates to documentation and NEWS, including information about the FAQ and
  mailing list archives.

-
Henri Gomez                 ___[_]____
EMAIL : gomez@slib.fr         (. .)
PGP KEY : 4912D659    ...oOOo..(_)..oOOo...
PGP Fingerprint : 8CAD0D50356DA7E45C540B010FFE39E8